Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel, (1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, (1 lemon)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/3 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 12 paper baking cups
An often-requested recipe.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream sour cream and margarine. Beat in egg, lemon peel and juice until well combined. Combine next 5 ingredients, blend into creamed mixture only until ingredients are moistened (30-45 seconds). Line muffin pan with paper baking cups. Spoon dough evenly into cups. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until lightly browned and muffins test done with wooden pick (18-20 minutes). Let stand on wire rack 5 minutes, remove muffins from pan. Serve warm.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.