Lemon Curd Mini-Tarts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine
- 2 Eggs, plus 1 egg yolk, well beaten
- 2 frozen pie crust dough, thawed, 9-inch
- sweetened whipped cream, (optional)
- Fresh Raspberries, (optional)
A tangy morsel.
- Combine lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar and butter in heavy saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Stir in eggs, cook over medium-low heat until mixture thickens slightly (10-15 minutes). Cool slightly. Refrigerate, covered. Roll each pastry round on lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut each round into 8 (2 3/4 inch) rounds. Repeat with remaining pastry. Fit each round over outside of 16 mini-muffin tins. Press dough close to pan; prick surface. Bake in a preheated 425 F oven until lightly browned (8-10 minutes). Cool 3-4 minutes, gently remove from pan; cool completely.
- To Serve: Fill each tart shell with lemon curd. Top with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream (optional).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.