2 years ago
Lemon Curd Mini Tarts
These tangy bite-sized tarts are surprisingly easy to make. The perfect dessert for spring and summer parties!
Makes 16 mini tarts
Preparation time: 60 minutes
1 ½ teaspoons grated lemon peel
¼ cup lemon juice
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter
2 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk, well beaten
1 (9-inch) frozen pie crust dough, thawed
Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Combine lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar and butter in heavy saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until butter is melted.
- Stir in eggs; cook over medium-low heat until mixture thickens slightly to create lemon curd (10-15 minutes).
- Cool slightly and refrigerate, covered, while you prepare the pastry.
- Roll each pie crust round on a lightly floured surface to ¼-inch thickness.
- Cut each round into 8 (2 ¾-inch) smaller rounds. Fit each small round over the outside of 16 mini-muffin tins. Press dough close to pan; prick surface with a fork.
- Bake in a 425 F oven until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Cool 3-4 minutes, then gently remove from pan. Cool completely.
- To serve: Fill each tart shell with lemon curd. Top each tart with a fresh raspberry, if desired.