Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
- For the cake
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- For the cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract, (optional but delicious!)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 325 F. Liberally grease Bundt pan with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and stir well to mix.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down after each addition.
- Add yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- With mixer on low speed, add in flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until top is slightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Once cool, flip over to remove cake from pan.
- In bowl combine cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon extract; beat until well combined.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until creamy. Add a tablespoon or two of milk if the frosting is too thick. You want it to be easily spreadable.
- Frost the cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
To make the frosting:
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.