Lemon Blueberry Bars
Servings:*2 dozen bars
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Powdered Sugar
Favorite lemon bars are dressed up with blueberries for a light dessert.
- In large bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute). Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla. Blend in 2 cups flour until a soft, crumbly dough forms. Press mixture evenly onto bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until light golden brown (18-20 minutes).
- In small bowl, combine eggs, sugar, lemon juice, 1/4 cup flour, lemon peel and baking powder; beat until well blended (about 2 minutes).
- Sprinkle berries over warm crust. Pour filling over evenly arranged berries with a spoon. Bake until filling is lightly browned and set (30-35 minutes). Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- To Serve: Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into bars. Place in covered shallow container for transporting.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.