- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Combine flour and powdered sugar. Cut in unsalted butter with a pastry fork to make fine particles. Press mixture into a 9 X 13 inch baking pan, pressing up sides 1/2 inch. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- For filling, mix sugar, flour, and baking powder; add lemon juice, rind and eggs. Pour mixture over hot crust. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Cool and cut into bars.
Recipe Adjustment for Lemon Bars:
Select diet; follow recipe using substitutions below.
Reduced Sodium: No changes.
Reduced Cholesterol: Use 1 cup margarine in place of unsalted butter, and 1 cup Egg beaters in place of eggs. 0 mg cholesterol per serving.
Reduced Calorie: No changes.
Diabetic Exchanges (for original recipe): Not recommended.