Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake
- For the cake:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, from about 1 ½ lemons
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ½ cups (15 ounces) whole milk ricotta
- 1 ⅓ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- Fresh raspberries, for topping
- For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
Heat oven to 350 F.
Line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper, and then spray with cooking spray.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until well combined, about 2 minutes.
Add the lemon zest and beat to combine.
Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the edges of the bowl after each addition.
Add the almond extract and ricotta and beat until combined.
Add the flour, baking powder and salt, mixing in with the wet ingredients until combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until slightly golden and a toothpick comes out of the middle clean. Let cool.
Once the cake is cool, prepare the glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk until combined.
Pour the glaze over the cake.
Serve topped with fresh raspberries and enjoy!