Leg of Lamb with Red Wine Butter Sauce
Servings:*11 (4-ounce) servings
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Lunds and Byerlys Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 1/2 pounds boneless leg of lamb
- 2 cup dry red wine, (Cabernet or Syrah)
- 4 tablespoons Organic Valley Unsalted Butter, cold, cut into eight pieces
- Combine first five ingredients; spread over entire surface of roast. Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan; let stand 30 minutes. Roast in a preheated 325 F oven to desired temperature on a digital thermometer.
- Remove from oven; transfer roast to cutting board. Cover with foil; let “set” about 15 minutes before carving. The internal temperature will rise about 5 F. Place roasting pan over medium-high heat; add wine, scraping up browned bits from pan. Reduce wine by half, 10-12 minutes. Whisk butter into wine reduction. Serve sauce over sliced lamb.
- Rare: 19-21 minutes per pound. Internal Temperature to Remove from Oven: 130F
- Medium-Rare: 21-23 minutes per pound. Internal Temperature to Remove from Oven: 140F
- Medium: 23-25 minutes per pound. Internal Temperature to Remove from Oven: 150F
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.