Latin Beef Sweet Potatoes
- 2-3 (approximately 2 pounds) Sweet Potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef, 92% lean grass-fed
- 3/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Lunds & Byerlys Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys sea salt
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 1 cup dinosaur kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spicy Greek olive mix*, (see note)
- 1 medium avocado
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. With a fork, pierce sweet potatoes 4-5 times. Place on baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef on medium-high heat. Drain the fat. Add the onions, bell peppers, all spices, salt, and olive oil and sauté mixture for 10 minutes. Add the kale and half cup of water and mix well. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes and olives and continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- Slice open sweet potatoes. Place beef mixture on sweet potatoes and top with avocado slices.
*Note: Olives can be found in the Lunds & Byerlys olive bar
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.