It’s everything you love about lasagna, transformed into a comforting soup.
Preparation time: 45 minutes – 1 hour
8 slices Lunds & Byerlys Artisan Rosemary Olive Oil Batard
1 clove garlic, peeled
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup grated Grana Padano cheese, divided
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 tablespoon Lunds & Byerlys Tuscan Seasoning
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 (32-ounce) box chicken broth
1 (28-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 (14.5-ounch) can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
1 cup lumaconi (snail-shaped pasta)
2 cups chopped spinach
1 ½ cups diced fontina cheese
2 tablespoons basil chiffonade
- Heat broiler on high.
- Arrange bread slices on baking sheet. Broil until golden (1-2 minutes per side).
- When cool enough to handle, rub one side of each slice of bread with garlic clove, brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle ¼ cup Grana Padano over each slice. Return to broiler and cook until cheese is bubbly (30 seconds to 1 minute).
- Heat remaining olive oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage, breaking up with back of spoon, until browned (4-5 minutes).
- Add onion and green pepper; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in Tuscan Seasoning and minced garlic; cook 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, along with diced and crushed tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente (7-9 minutes).
- Stir in spinach and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Arrange ¼ cup fontina in soup bowls; ladle soup on top. Garnish with remaining Grana Padano and basil. Serve with bread slices.