Lasagna - Roasted Vegetable
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper medley
- 1 medium eggplant, quartered
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, quartered
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, quartered
- 1 small fennel bulb, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (15ounce) package four cheese toscana sauce mix
- 1 (26ounce) jar meatless pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1/2 (8ounce) package no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (8ounce) package Italian 6 cheese blend, (2 cups)
A Do-Ahead A trendy dish for casual entertaining.
- In small bowl, combine olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper medley. Arrange vegetables on 10x15" jelly roll pan. Drizzle with seasoned olive oil, tossing to coat evenly. Roast in a preheated 400 degree oven until vegetables are tender (35-40 minutes); cool. Refrigerate, covered, if desired.
- To Assemble: Cut all quartered vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Prepare cheese sauce according to package directions. Stir wine into pasta sauce; spread 3/4 cup over bottom of 9x13" glass baking dish. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles lengthwise over sauce; top with half of remaining pasta sauce, half of vegetables, half of the cheese sauce and half of the cheese. Repeat layers, reserving cheese. Bake, covered loosely with foil, in a preheated 350 degree oven 30 minutes. Remove from oven; uncover, top with remaining cheese. Continue baking until bubbly and cheese is melted (about 15 minutes). Let stand 15 minutes to set before cutting into squares.
- Tips: Vegetables may be roasted up to 24 hours before assembling. Refrigerate, covered. Lasagna may be assembled up to 24 hours before baking. Refrigerate, covered. Bake, covered loosely with foil, 45 minutes before adding cheese. Continue baking, uncovered, as before.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.