Kung Pao Chicken Meatballs
- For the meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ⅓ cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup white whole wheat flour (or another flour of your choice)
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- ¼ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- For the kung pao sauce
- ¼ tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Scallions, chopped (optional), for topping
Heat oven to 400 F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
Place all meatball ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined.
Make 1-inch meatballs and place them on a baking sheet. Tip: moisten your hands with water to make handling the raw meat easier.
Bake meatballs for 15 minutes, or until tops begin to turn golden brown.
While meatballs are cooking, mix all the kung pao ingredients together in a small bowl.
Once the meatballs have cooled slightly, toss in the sauce. Serve hot, topped with chopped scallions.