King Kong Strong Superfood Salad
- 1 cup organic edamame beans, shelled
- 3 cups Water
- 3 cups curly kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, match-stick size julienne
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced in half rings
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces, roasted and salted
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, roasted and salted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Lunds & Byerlys maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys sea salt
- 3 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
Bam! Pow! Get King Kong strong! This salad is a knockout of nutrition. On a side note, most people think you can eat edamame beans raw, but they need to be cooked in order to release all the nutrients, and to help them digest easier.
- To prepare edamame beans, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Drop in frozen edamame beans and quickly blanch for 1-2 minutes. Immediately immerse in cold ice water. Drain.
- To make dressing, whisk together vinegar, maple syrup and salt in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil to emulsify.
- Right before serving, in large bowl combine all ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Calories: 320 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 280mg Carbohydrate: 32g Fiber: 6g Sugars: 20g Protein: 7g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.