King Kong Strong Superfood Salad
- 1 cup organic edamame beans, shelled
- 3 cups Water
- 3 cups curly kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, match-stick size julienne
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced in half rings
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces, roasted and salted
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, roasted and salted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Lunds & Byerlys maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys sea salt
- 3 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
Bam! Pow! Get King Kong strong! This salad is a knockout of nutrition. On a side note, most people think you can eat edamame beans raw, but they need to be cooked in order to release all the nutrients, and to help them digest easier.
- To prepare edamame beans, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Drop in frozen edamame beans and quickly blanch for 1-2 minutes. Immediately immerse in cold ice water. Drain.
- To make dressing, whisk together vinegar, maple syrup and salt in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil to emulsify.
- Right before serving, in large bowl combine all ingredients. Toss to coat.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.