4 years ago
Killer Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes
So nice, they’re baked twice! Creamy potatoes twice baked with cheese and garlic on crispy potato skins.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 1 hour 15 minutes
6 large baking potatoes
1 ½ pounds peeled red bliss potatoes
½ cup chopped green onion
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup sour cream
½-¾ cup heavy cream
1 large clove fresh garlic, pressed
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oven to 350 F. Wash and bake large baking potatoes for one hour or until tender.
- Peel and cube red bliss potatoes; boil until tender. Drain and dump into large mixing bowl.
- Once baked potatoes are done, remove from oven and slice lengthwise in half.
- Carefully scoop out potato without damaging the skins. Put skins aside on a cookie sheet. Increase oven temperature to 400 F.
- Combine scooped potato with boiled red bliss potatoes. Add remaining ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Mix well on high speed (potatoes should be on stiff side). Scoop blended mixture into the potato skins – pile it high! You may also use a pastry bag or a cookie press.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top and skins are slightly crisp on the edges.
- Top with sour cream, cheese and bacon. Serve immediately.
Recipe source: Dean’s