Key Lime Pie
This pie is creamy, yet firm, with perfectly balanced sweet-tart flavor and a rich, buttery graham cracker crust.
8 to 10 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes + refrigeration time
1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
1 4-ounce stick unsalted butter, melted
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
3 large egg yolks
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
⅔ cup Key lime juice
½ cup whipped cream
Lime zest for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and cinnamon. Evenly press into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes or until firm.
- Remove crust from oven and lower oven temp to 325 F.
- Whisk the egg yolks with cream of tartar until frothy. Stir in condensed milk, then whisk in lime juice until fully incorporated.
- Pour filling into pie crust and bake at 325 F for about 15 minutes, or until set.
- Let pie cool on a rack, then refrigerate until chilled before serving.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with fresh lime zest.