Key Lime and Ginger Tart
- 1/2 (13 ounce) package pecan shortbread cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced crystallized ginger
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Nellie & Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice
- sweetened whipped cream or powdered sugar
- fresh blackberries
This creamy tart has an easy cookie crumb crust with just a hint of ginger. It makes a terrific make-ahead dessert!
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In small bowl, combine cookie crumbs, butter and ginger. With back of spoon, press mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 11 minutes. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks. Add lime juice; whisk until well combined. Pour into crust; continue to bake until center is almost set (about 10 minutes). Do not over bake. Cool tart completely on wire rack. Refrigerate, lightly covered with waxed paper, at least 3 hours.
- To Serve: Remove outer rim of tart pan. Top each serving with whipped cream or powdered sugar; garnish with berries.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.