Kathy’s Sugar Cookies
Lunds & Byerlys Wayzata FoodE Expert Lynda shares her mother’s beloved sugar cookie recipe!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup liquid vegetable oil
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Assorted colored sugar or sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl cream sugar and butter together until smooth. Beat eggs, oil, and vanilla until creamy.
- In a smaller bowl sift flour, cream of tartar, salt, and baking soda
- Gradually add dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour. (Keep dough refrigerated between baking)
- Roll cookies into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Place bottom of glass into holiday colored sugar then press the dough ball firmly so they are fairly flat. You will have the design of the glass bottom and the sugar on top of your cookie. You can sprinkle more sugar as needed.
- Bake 8-12 minutes at 350 until lightly golden. Remove from oven and let stand for two minutes before placing on wire cooling racks.
Note: For cutout cookie use plenty of flour on your rolling pin and surface. This cookie dough is a wetter dough because of the vegetable oil, which give them their crunchy texture.