Juicy Lucy Sliders
A mini version of a Minnesota favorite! Turn your favorite cheesy, gooey Juicy Lucy burger into fun appetizer-sized sliders.
Makes about 10 sliders
Preparation time: 45 minutes
2 pounds fresh ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Salt and pepper
2 ounces cheese per burger (suggestions: Tillamook Sharp Cheddar, American, smoked Swiss, blue cheese)
Slider buns, sliced and buttered
Vegetable oil (for grilling)
Toppings of your choice, such as ketchup, mustard, pickles, tomato slices, lettuce, mayonnaise, etc.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix until the seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Divide ground beef into 20 equal pieces. Place between parchment paper or plastic wrap and flatten into patties that are about ¼ inch thick.
- Cut or break cheese into smaller pieces, then add about 2 ounces (1-2 small slices) cheese on top of 10 of the burger patties.
- Top each burger with a second patty and pinch edges together to seal completely.
- Rub vegetable oil on grill and heat grill to high.
- Sear burgers over direct heat, 1-2 minutes per side. After flipping burgers, poke a small hole in top of each one to allow steam to escape.
- Continue cooking over indirect heat until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes, to an internal temperature of at least 160 F. Remove from grill and allow burgers to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast buttered buns on grill.
- Place burgers on toasted buns, add toppings and serve.
Tip: You can also cook the sliders on the stovetop in a pan, ideally a cast iron skillet. Heat the pan to medium high, add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or butter and cook for 6-8 minutes per side.