- 20 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat removed, cut into 2 inch chunks, fat removed, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup hopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 links Byerly's Smokehouse andouille sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups converted long grain rice
- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound Byerly's Signature Selection Shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
A Louisiana favorite for holidays and celebrations.
- In small bowl, toss chicken with salt, pepper and thyme to coat evenly. Set aside. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in onion, celery, bell peppers, salt and cayenne pepper. Saute vegetables until onions are translucent (5-7 minutes). Stir in garlic, sausage and seasoned chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes. Stir in rice, tomato sauce, broth, wine and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, stirring every 5 minutes to avoid burning, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed (23-27 minutes). Stir in shrimp. Remove pan from heat; let stand covered 2-3 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Stir in green onions. Serve.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.