- 1pound oaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 8 cups)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) an garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces salami, prosciutto, or sopressata, cut into bite-sized pieces (I used a combination)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, for topping
- For the Italian vinaigrette:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons pepper
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat.
Add half of the bread cubes and toast until golden brown on most sides. Repeat with remaining oil, butter and bread cubes. Place all toasted bread cubes into a large bowl.
Add garbanzo beans, roasted red peppers, mozzarella, salami, tomatoes and fresh basil, stirring to combine.
In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over bread mixture, stirring well to combine. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!