- ¾ pound ground beef
- ¾ pound ground veal
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 cups Italian or white bread, cubed with crusts removed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 tablespoon L&B Italian Tuscan Seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoons black pepper
- ¼ teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, plus some for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- ¼ cup grated onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, plus some for garnish
Heat oven to 350 F.
In a large bowl, break up the beef and veal evenly with a wooden spoon or your fingers.
In a separate smaller bowl, combine the milk and cubed bread, and use a wooden spoon or your fingers to mash the bread and milk mixture until all of the bread is saturated and about the size of rice grains.
Whisk the egg and olive oil into the bread mixture, and set it aside.
Add the Italian Tuscan seasoning, kosher salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, parmesan, garlic, onion and parsley to the meat mixture and combine it with a wooden spoon or your hand until the seasoning is evenly distributed.
Add in half the egg and bread mixture, stir to incorporate, and then add in the second half. Stir until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
Using your hands, roll the meatballs into 1 ½-inch balls and place them on a lightly oiled sheet pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F on an instant-read thermometer.
Toss the meatballs in your favorite L&B tomato sauce, garnish with parmesan and parsley, and enjoy.