Italian Chicken Pasta
With a colorful medley of artichokes, peppers and olives, this easy pasta is delicious for dinner and wonderful eaten cold for lunch the next day.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
1 small onion, cut into eighths
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained, coarsely chopped
1 (7-ounce) jar roasted sweet peppers, undrained, coarsely chopped
½ cup pitted black olives
½ pound tri-colored fusilli
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sauté chicken, onion and garlic over medium heat until chicken is cooked through (about 6 minutes), stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, peppers and olives. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through (about 6 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions until almost tender; drain.
- Transfer pasta to heated serving platter. Toss in Parmesan cheese and chicken mixture. Serve immediately.