Instant Pot Pork Carnitas Bowl
A nourishing, delicious Pork Carnitas Bowl made easy in the Instant Pot!
Preparation time: 60 minutes
1 (3 ½-pound) boneless pork shoulder roast
1 cup water
2 whole oranges
4 whole cloves garlic, smashed
3 tablespoons L&B Island Breeze Seasoning
3 cups cooked rice
1 can black beans
2 cups shredded cabbage
Pickled red onions
- Cut 3½-pound boneless pork shoulder roast in thirds.
- Select Sauté on pressure cooker.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Brown pork shoulder one piece at a time.
- Press Cancel.
- Keep the pork shoulder in the pressure cooker and add water, oranges (quartered and juiced into the cooker), garlic cloves and L&B Island Breeze Seasoning.
- Cook on Meat/Stew setting for 45 minutes.
- Once cooking cycle is complete, let pressure release naturally.
- Turn vent to Venting position to release any final pressure.
- Remove meat from pot and shred.
- In bowls, layer cooked rice, pork and black beans. Top with shredded cabbage, avocado slices, pickled red onions