How to make sangria
Sangria is a popular summer drink, great for sipping on the porch and even better for summer parties.
Making homemade sangria is easy, as long as you follow these basic steps:
- Start with a large pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add 1-2 cups of mixed fruit, peeled and sliced.
- Add 1 bottle of red or white wine.
- Add 1/4–1/2 cup of triple sec and 1/4–1/2 cup of brandy or light rum.
- Add 1/4–1/2 cup of juice and stir.
- Add extra flavor with 1/2–2 cups of a mixer, such as lemon-lime soda, ginger ale, water, club soda, frozen lemonade or tea.
- Sweeten with 1/2–1/8 cup of sugar, agave or honey to taste and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, fill cocktail glasses half full with ice and add sangria.
Want more inspiration? We’ve pulled together a Pinterest collection of 25 sangria recipes for you to try. Cheers!
Source: Wine Enthusiast