Homemade Pizza Dough
All you need is a few simple ingredients to make delicious pizza dough at home.
Makes enough dough for 1 large pizza
Preparation time: 30 minutes + 1 hour rising time
1 cup warm water (115 F)
½ teaspoon sugar
1 package active dry yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
3 cups flour
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine warm water and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Sprinkle yeast over the water and let stand for 10-15 minutes, until it appears foamy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine flour, salt and olive oil.
- Fit the dough hook attachment to the stand mixer and turn on low. Slowly add water, yeast and sugar mixture, then turn up the mixer one speed. Mix for 3 to 4 minutes until dough forms and is tacky but not sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and form a round dough ball with your hands.
- Transfer dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow dough to rise for 1 hour. The dough can be used now or stored for up to 48 hours in the refrigerator.