Homemade Peach BBQ Sauce
- 2 pounds Peaches
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- Lightly score the bottom of each peach with an X.
- In large pot of boiling water, blanch the peaches for 2-3 minutes, working in batches of 3-4 peaches at a time.
- Transfer to a pot of ice water to stop the cooking, then peel the skins off. Remove pit and dice peaches.
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook onion until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in peaches, apple cider vinegar, bourbon, Dijon and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook mixture for 30 minutes.
- Puree the mixture, and add back to the saucepan.
- Add Worcestershire, chili powder, brown sugar and ketchup. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Use on chicken, shrimp, veggies, ribs, pork chops or anything else you please!
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.