Homemade Mac & Cheese
Make delicious homemade macaroni and cheese in less than an hour!
2 cups whole milk
2 cups half & half
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 ½ cups white cheese (white cheddar or Sartori MontAmoré work well), small crumbles
1 ½ teaspoons white pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons corn starch
¼ cup whole milk
8 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
- Heat oven to 350 F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the 2 cups of milk and half & half to just below a simmer, about 185 F.
- Add cheeses, white pepper and salt, whisking continuously. Bring to a simmer.
- In a separate small bowl, combine corn starch and ¼ cup milk. Add ¼ of cheese mixture into starch mixture. Add starch mixture into saucepan of cheese sauce.
- Combine pasta and cheese mixture. Pour into casserole dish.
- Bake 15 minutes. Optional: Sprinkle additional MontAmoré cheese on top and allow to melt. Let sit a few minutes before serving.
Recipe source: Sartori Cheese