3 years ago
Homemade Mac & Cheese
delicious homemade macaroni and cheese in less than an hour!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half &
- 2 cups cheddar
- 2 ½ cups white cheese (white cheddar or Sartori MontAmoré work well), small
- 1 ½ teaspoons white
- 2 tablespoons corn
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 8 ounces elbow
- Heat oven to 350
F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium
saucepan, bring the 2 cups of milk and half & half to just below a simmer,
about 185 F.
- Add cheeses, white pepper and salt, whisking
continuously. Bring to a simmer.
- In a separate small bowl, combine corn starch and ¼
cup milk. Add ¼ of cheese mixture into starch mixture. Add starch mixture into
saucepan of cheese sauce.
- Combine pasta and cheese mixture. Pour into casserole
- Bake 15 minutes. Optional: Sprinkle additional MontAmoré cheese on top
and allow to melt. Let sit a few minutes before serving.
Recipe source: Sartori