- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup berry-flavored vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- dash freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups spring mix
- 2 cups baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 cup thinly sliced or julienned roasted beets
- 1 cup crumbled white Stilton cheese with dried candied lemon peel or with dried apricot
- In medium bowl, whisk together first six ingredients.
- In large bowl, toss greens with ½ cup dressing. Arrange greens on a platter or eight individual salad plates. Top with beets; sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with remaining dressing, as desired. Serve immediately.
To roast beets, wrap two trimmed, scrubbed beets in foil; place on baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400 F oven until tender (about 1 hour). Cool; peel.