Herbed Chicken Vegetable Wild Rice Soup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Organic unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (divided) Lunds & Byerlys sea salt
- 1 cup carrots, cut into rounds
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups (1 14 lbs) raw organic chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 32 oz carton Low sodium organic chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked Lunds & Byerlys wild rice, prepared acording to package instructions
- 2 cups tighly packed swiss chard, chopped
- 1 cup Organic Valley Whole Milk
- In a large soup pot heat butter, olive oil, onions, mushrooms, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and sauté on medium heat for 7 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, carrots, celery, herbs, chicken and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer, cover pot, and cook for 20 minutes. Add cooked wild rice and Swiss chard and simmer for an additional 15 minutes. Stir in white wine (if using) and whole milk and serve.
- Calories: 250 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 3.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 70mg Sodium: 390mg Carbohydrate: 22g Fiber: 4g Sugars: 6g Protein: 17g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
Optional ingredients: ¼ cup dry white wine, Zing! – Lunds & Byerlys Salt-Free All-Purpose Seasoning (to taste)
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.