Herbed Chicken Vegetable Wild Rice Soup
- 1 ½ tablespoons organic unsalted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoons Lunds & Byerlys Sea Salt, divided
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 ¼ cups (1 pounds) raw organic chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 32 ounce carton low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked Lunds & Byerlys Wild Rice, prepared according to package instructions
- 2 cups tightly-packed cups Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 cup Organic Valley Whole Milk
- ¼ cup dry white wine (optional)
- Lunds & Byerlys Salt-Free All-Purpose Seasoning, to taste (optional)
In a large soup pot heat butter, olive oil, onions, mushrooms, garlic and ¼ teaspoon salt; sauté on medium heat for 7 minutes.
Add remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, carrots, celery, herbs, chicken and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer, cover pot, and cook for 20 minutes.
Add cooked wild rice, Swiss chard, white wine (if using) and whole milk. Simmer for an additional 2 minutes and serve.