The pineapple is a sign of hospitality! Enjoy this taste of the tropics at brunch or before dinner.
8 (1-cup) servings
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into small chunks
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Champagne or Prosecco, chilled
- 4 cups ice cubes
- ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Additional fresh pineapple wedges, for serving
- Mint sprigs, for serving
- Candied bacon, for serving (see recipe below)
- In a blender, combine pineapple, 2 cups Champagne and 2 cups of ice cubes; blend until smooth. Pour mixture into pitcher; repeat with a second batch.
- Combine coconut with powdered sugar.
- Dip rims of cocktail glasses in pineapple mixture, then dip into sugar.
- Pour Hawaiian Mimosa into prepared glasses. Garnish with fresh pineapple wedges, mint sprigs and candied bacon, if desired.
To make the candied bacon:
Heat oven to 375 F. Dip slices of bacon into a bowl of brown sugar, coating both sides. Place the bacon on a wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy/candied.