Cheesy, weeknight-easy stuffed chicken breasts topped with crunchy breadcrumbs. Impressive enough for company, too!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
1-2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 cups packed arugula or spinach
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
1 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
1 cup ricotta
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup shredded fontina cheese
2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
Lemon wedges, as a garnish
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Add greens to skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes, until wilted. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute more. Add ricotta to skillet and mix together with greens. Set mixture aside.
- Cut even slices across the width of the chicken breasts, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Tuck a spoonful of the ricotta mixture in between each slice. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Sprinkle tops of chicken breasts with fontina and breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 400 F for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is golden-brown on top and reaches an internal temperature of 165 F when measured with a meat thermometer. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.