2 months ago
Grilled Veggie Quinoa Bowl
Our Grilled Veggie Quinoa Bowl makes a comforting fall dinner or hearty lunch. Here’s the recipe:
- Cook 1 cup quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine ½ avocado, ¼ cup Greek yogurt, ½ cup cold water, 1 cup cilantro leaves, 1 small garlic clove, ½ tsp salt and the juice of one 1 lime. Process until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Husk 4 ears of fresh sweet corn, slice 2 zucchini in half lengthwise, stem, seed and quarter 2 red bell peppers, and slice 1 red onion into ½-inch-thick rings. Brush the vegetables with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Grill the vegetables, turning occasionally, until just tender and charred, about 12 minutes for the corn, 8 minutes for the bell pepper and onion and 5 minutes for the zucchini. Transfer the vegetables to a cutting board.
- Slice the corn kernels off the cob and slice the zucchini, bell pepper and onion into ¼-inch-thick pieces. Halve 1 pint cherry tomatoes, roughly chop 1 head romaine lettuce and dice the meat of 1 rotisserie chicken.
- To assemble the harvest bowls, divide the quinoa, vegetables and chicken between 6 bowls. Drizzle with the cilantro-avocado dressing and serve with lime wedges.
Recipe adapted from: Pinch of Yum