Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad
Servings:*7 1 cup servings
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 12 (1 inch) strips
- 12 jicama sticks
- 1 inch yellow squash, cut into half diagonal slices
- 1 inch zucchini, cut into half diagonal slices, 6 inch
- 15 asparagus spears, trimmed
- ½ 16 ounce package gemelli or penne pasta
- Creamy Dressing, recipe below
Combine first five ingredients in large bowl; stir in vegetables and marinate for 30 minutes.
Bring 4 quarts of water to boil with 1 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan. Cook pasta until al dente (10-13 minutes). Drain and rinse.
To grill: Spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Using direct heat cooking method, arrange vegetables on grill rack 4-5 inches over medium coals. Grill peppers, yellow squash and zucchini 10-12 minutes, turning once; jicama 5-7 minutes, turning once; and asparagus 3 minutes, turning once.
Cut veggies into bite-size pieces and combine with pasta; toss with Creamy Dressing until well coated. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.