3 months ago
Grilled Steak Salad
crunchy and oh-so flavorful … there’s nothing boring about this salad!
Preparation time: 30 minutes, not including refrigeration
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup Lunds & Byerlys Trail Dust Seasoning
- 4 rib-eye steaks, about 1 ¼-inch thick
- 1 cup Lunds & Byerlys Corn & Black Bean Salsa
- 10 ounces romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into ½-inch
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil with the seasoning.
- Dry both sides of the steaks with paper towels.
- Rub olive oil mixture into surface of both steak sides. Cover and
refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Heat grill to medium-high; spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
Using direct heat cooking method, arrange steaks on grill rack 4-5 inches over
the heat. Grill, covered, turning once, until meat thermometer registers 140 F
for medium-rare (8-11 minutes), or to desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining olive oil and salsa.
- In large bowl, combine romaine, peppers, carrots and onion.
- Drizzle ¾ of the salsa mixture over the romaine and toss to coat.
- Arrange salad on four serving plates. Slice steaks and arrange over
salads. Drizzle with remaining salsa mixture; sprinkle with corn chips and