Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, plus...
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup olive oil, plus...
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 3/8 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and rinsed
- 24 (6inch) bamboo skewers, soaked
Careful timing is crucial to keep these subtly seasoned shrimp tender and tasty.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in food storage bag. Add shrimp. Seal bag. Refrigerate several hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain shrimp. Arrange 2 shrimp on each skewer. To Grill: Prepare grill. Spray grill rack with no stick cooking spray. Using direct heat cooking method, arrange skewers on grill rack 5 inches over medium-hot coals. Grill kabobs, covered, until shrimp are opaque (about 2 minutes per side). The skewers are easiest to turn with long-handled tongs.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.