Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger
Even a meat lover will love this hearty stand-in for a hamburger!
Makes 4 burgers
Preparation time: 30 minutes
4 portobello mushroom caps
4 tablespoons L&B Honey Dijon Mustard
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 ½ teaspoons L&B Minnesota Steak Seasoning
4 teaspoons water
1 tablespoon Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
4 slices organic cheese of choice
4 slices red onion
4 L&B Whole Wheat Buns
1 cup baby arugula
4 slices tomato
½ avocado, sliced
- Cut or break stems off mushrooms.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, rosemary, steak seasoning and water.
- Place the mushroom caps in the bowl and toss with the sauce, using your hands to evenly coat. Let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium heat. When hot, brush the grate with avocado oil.
- Place the mushrooms on the grill, reserving any leftover marinade for basting. Grill for 5-7 minutes per side, or until tender, brushing with marinade frequently. Top the mushrooms with cheese the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Grill the onions about 1 minute on each side and grill the buns until toasted.
- To serve, place arugula on each bun with the grilled portobello mushroom on top. Top with onion, tomato and avocado.