4 years ago
Grilled Kimcheez Sandwich
Traditional grilled cheese gets a flavorful twist from kimchi, a traditional Korean side dish made from fermented vegetables.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 8 (½-inch-thick) slices country-style bread
- 16 ounces cheese, such as Havarti, Monterey Jack or Swiss, sliced thick
- 1 cup Mother In Law’s Kimchi (any), coarsely chopped
- Butter the slices of bread on one side and place them on the skillet, butter side down (you may need to do this in batches).
- Distribute the cheese evenly on half of the bread slices and cook until slightly melted.
- Place the kimchi on top of the cheese, top with the remaining toasty bread slices and cook for 1 minute more, or until the cheese is completely melted and the bread is toasted golden brown.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the sandwich and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the pan and cut each sandwich in half for easier handling. If working in batches, repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Recipe source: Mother In Law’s Kimchi