Grilled Honey Buffalo Chicken Wrap
These little wraps are sassy! The magic is the buffalo sauce, which adds some heat to a familiar midday meal and elevates the “quick and easy” lunch to a whole new level. We use super simple ingredients to keep prep easy, including shredded carrots for a bit of crunch and crisp romaine for a lovely contrast. Tangy blue cheese crumbles and blue cheese dressing round out the flavor profile and add another layer of texture.
These wraps are filling and they travel well, so they’re great for packing up and taking on the road. But they taste just as delicious when you stay put, so you can enjoy them at your desk or around the table with your family.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
½ cup Buffalo sauce
¼ cup L&B Pure Honey
½ teaspoon L&B Garlic Powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
6 10-inch flour tortillas
2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
2 carrots, shredded
3 ounces blue cheese crumbles
3 ounces blue cheese dressing
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat and lightly brush the grates with grapeseed oil. Grill the chicken breasts for 3 minutes until grill marks form, turn 90 degrees and grill for another 3 minutes. Flip them over and repeat.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the grill and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a medium skillet, stir together the Buffalo sauce, honey, garlic powder, onion powder and butter and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook at a simmer, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the buffalo chicken onto a tortilla , top with some chopped romaine, a pinch of shredded carrots, 1 tablespoon of blue cheese crumbles and 1 tablespoon of blue cheese dressing. You can spoon a little buffalo sauce from the pan over everything, if desired.
- Fold in the left and right sides of the tortilla by about 2 inches, then roll the tortilla up to create a wrap.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make the remaining wraps. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from: The Recipe Critic