Grilled Chicken, Berry & Feta Salad
This summery salad is a triple threat: delicious, beautiful and easy to make. We can’t stress enough how simple it is to toss together, so it works as a light dinner or a side dish even on your busiest, I-don’t-feel-like-cooking nights.
The berries in this salad really pop — and the sharp, wine-like quality of the balsamic perfectly balances the berries’ sweet-tart goodness. Feta brings salt to the mix and the arugula comes in underneath with its signature peppery quality. The char on the chicken adds that recognizable summer flavor and texture, and it complements the bright berries and sharp, brilliant feta. Fifteen-minute prep gives you plenty of time to get comfy on the patio and savor this salad with a glass of summery rosé.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
3 tablespoons L&B Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, divided
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved
½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
Grapeseed oil, for brushing
⅛ teaspoon L&B Pure Honey
2 cups hulled and quartered strawberries
2 cups blueberries
½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
4 cups baby arugula
1 ½ ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Add the chicken, stir to coat and let stand for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Sprinkle the chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Brush the grill grates with grapeseed oil. Place the chicken on the grill and grill for 6 to 7 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reads 165 F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Slice the chicken against the grain into ½-inch-thick pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, honey, and the remaining ¼ teaspoons each of salt and pepper.
- Add the strawberries, blueberries and red onion and toss to coat. Add the arugula and gently toss to combine.
- Transfer the salad to a large serving platter, top with the chicken and sprinkle the feta on top. Serve immediately.
Recipe source: My Recipes
This recipe is brought to you by Nourish, our guide to eating a variety of whole foods that expand your palate, give you more energy and help you live a balanced life. If you love it, check out the entire Nourish collection.