Grilled Beef Tenderloin & Asparagus
- For the garlic-herb butter:
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoons flake salt
- ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- For the steaks and asparagus:
- 2 8-ounce L&B Signature Seasoned Beef Tenderloin Steaks
- 1 teaspoon L&B Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 10-ounce package L&B Grilling Asparagus with Lemon
- Flake salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
To make the garlic-herb butter: In a small food processor, combine the butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, flake salt and black pepper, and mix until incorporated.
Using gloves, shape the butter into a tube about 3 inches in circumference. Wrap the butter tightly in plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator until you need it. Note: leftover garlic-herb butter will keep in the refrigerator for one week.
To make the steaks and asparagus: Heat a grill or grill pan to high heat.
Carefully place the tenderloin steaks on the hot grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the steak 90 degrees and cook for 4 minutes more.
Flip the steak over and repeat step 4. (Note: this will yield medium-rare steaks). Meanwhile, brush the asparagus with extra virgin olive oil and season with flake salt and black pepper.
Place the asparagus and lemon slices on the grill and cook, turning repeatedly, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the lemon has grill marks and the asparagus is bright green and tender.
Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and place a ½-inch slice of the garlic herb butter on top. Tent the steak with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Divide the steaks and asparagus among two plates and squeeze the grilled lemon over the top. Serve hot.