Grilled Balsamic Strawberry Pineapple Sundaes
Garnish these colorful ice cream treats with a sugar cookie from our bakery!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 12 whole strawberries, washed and hulls removed
- 12 (1 ½-inch) chunks fresh pineapple
- 4 (10-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- ½ cup Lunds & Byerlys Dark Chocolate Dessert Topping
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar and brown sugar until sugar completely dissolves, forming a glaze.
- Thread pineapple and strawberries onto skewers. Baste the skewered fruit with balsamic glaze. Grill or broil skewers, turning often and brushing fruit with glaze until all glaze is used and fruit is golden brown.
- Microwave chocolate dessert topping on high for 30 seconds; stir.
- Remove fruit from skewers. Transfer to individual serving bowls. Top each bowl with a scoop of ice cream. Drizzle chocolate dessert topping over top and serve.