Greens of Spring Salad
- 1 large head butter lettuce, washed, drained, torn into pieces
- 1/2 bunch watercress, washed, stems removed
- 4.5 ounce Belgian endive, washed, drained, sliced crosswise into 1/2 inch piecies
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon-orange vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2/3 ounce fresh mint, stems removed, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
A zesty combination with a citrus and mint dressing.
- In large bowl, combine lettuce, watercress and endive. Refrigerate, covered. In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; whisk to blend. To Serve: Drizzle dressing over greens, tossing to coat.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.