- 3 cups baby kale
- 1/8 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped, about 3-4 leaves
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 cups Full Circle organic chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 cup Organic Valley 2% milk
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill corn grit polenta
- 1/8 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys sea salt
- a pinch Black Pepper, ground
- 3 tablespoons Greek Gods plain yogurt
- 1 avocado, medium, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup Lunds & Byerlys roasted sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 4 teaspoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
Switch up the traditional hot cereal and make it savory. Top with vegetables instead of fruit.
- Place the kale and basil in food processor and process until greens turn into paste, adding the water and scraping down the side until you have a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In medium sauce pan combine chicken stock, milk, grits, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stir, cover pan and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 12-15 minutes. Turn heat off and let rest covered for 10 minutes.
- Right before serving, stir in green mixture and yogurt. Divide between 4 bowls and divide avocado, tomatoes, sunflower seeds and olive oil evenly between each bowl. Serve immediately.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.