Granola Superfood Bites
- For the liquid base:
- 1/4 cup Lunds & Byerlys Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Lunds & Byerlys honey
- 1 cup salted Old Home Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- For the dry base:
- 1 1/2 cups organic regular oats
- 2/3 cup Lunds & Byerlys Raw Sliced Almonds
- 1/3 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds, can use raw
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup Lunds & Byerlys Craisins, dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded or flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys sea salt
- parchment paper
- In small sauce pan, combine the liquid base ingredients and heat on low until coconut oil is melted. (Do not boil or overheat; just heat enough to melt the oil.) Whisk ingredients until emulsified and creamy. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In large bowl, combine dry base ingredients and mix well. Pour liquid base into dry base and stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Spread out on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and form into a 12-inch x 6-inch log. Wrap log up in the parchment paper and press to make sure the shape holds together nicely. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cut the log into 1 ½-inch x 2-inch squares by dividing the log into 8 cuts across the length and 3 cuts across the width. Store in a covered container and keep chilled. Will keep up to 2 weeks … if they last that long!
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.