Gorgonzola Apple Slaw
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Applejack or Calvados
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 medium Honeycrisp apples, cored and cut into julienne strips
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cups chopped shallots
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped smoked almonds
- In medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Applejack, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add apple strips to mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat. In large bowl, combine kale, cabbage and shallots. Add apple mixture and Gorgonzola; toss to coat. Transfer to a serving dish; garnish with almonds.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.