Goat Cheese Frittata
- 6 Lunds & Byerlys organic large eggs
- 2 Lunds & Byerlys organic large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 2 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Zucchini, small dice
- 1 cup asparagus, woody stems removed, cut to 1
- 1/4 cup Montchevre plain goat cheese, large crumbles
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to medium high.
- Whisk for 3 minutes eggs, herbs, salt, pepper and water in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a 8” cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add bell pepper, zucchini and asparagus and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes to release flavors.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook, lifting the edges of the frittata to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Dot the top of the frittata with the cheese, transfer the pan to the oven and broil until puffy and lightly golden on top, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and cut into 6 pieces.
Nourish Tip: Instead of serving with the typical side of toast, try serving with a green salad lightly dressed in olive oil and lemon juice.