Goat Cheese Spinach Salad with Cranberries
This festive salad features creamy goat cheese, sweet dried cranberries, fresh pears and a homemade honey-Dijon dressing. Tip: Make the dressing ahead of time to allow the flavors to come together and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
For the dressing:
3 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon honey
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup dried cranberries
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
4 cups packed baby spinach leaves
2 tablespoons red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
½ cup crumbled plain goat cheese
2 large ripe pears, sliced thin
- Whisk orange juice, vinegar, mustard, honey and oil in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add dried cranberries. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, place spinach leaves, red onion, walnuts and half of the goat cheese in large bowl; toss with dressing to evenly coat.
- Add the crumbled goat cheese and pear slices on top of the salad.
- Divide salad between 6 plates, being sure to evenly distribute the cranberries.