Gluten-Free Almond Bundt Cake
- For the cake:
- 1 ½ cups King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoons almond extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- ⅔ cup milk, room temperature
- For the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ teaspoons almond extract
- ¼ cup heavy cream
Heat oven to 325 F and thoroughly grease a standard Bundt pan.
To make the cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours and xanthan gum.
In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together the sugar, butter, oil, kosher salt, baking powder and vanilla and almond extracts on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl once to incorporate any unmixed ingredients.
Beat in the eggs one at a time until the mixture is fluffy and light. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and beat briefly.
Gently stir in the milk and the flour mixture, alternating and adding ⅓ at a time, ending with the flour mixture. Scrape the bowl once more and beat on low speed for 1 minute. Scoop the batter into the Bundt pan.
Bake the cake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Transfer the cake to a cooling rack, and let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes before turning it out onto the rack to cool completely.
To make the glaze: whisk all of the ingredients together and drizzle over the cooled cake.