Servings:*4 dozen cookies
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light molasses
- 2/3 cup Water
- 6 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Vanilla Cream Frosting, recipe below
Topped with Vanilla Cream Frosting
- Cream margarine and brown sugar; blend in molasses and water. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Shape 2 level tablespoons dought into balls; place 4" apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Flatten with bottom of sugared 2 cup glass measure. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven just until no finger print remains when lightly touched (12-14 minutes). Cool on baking sheet 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool. Frost when cooled. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.
- Vanilla Cream Frosting: Combine 5 cups sifted powdered sugar, 6 tablespoons half-and-half, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Tips: For faster measuring, use a level 1/8 cup (2 tablespoon) coffee scoop to measure out the cookie dough.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.