German Chocolate Mocha Torte
- 1 (1825 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups double-strength cold coffee
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine, softened
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 5 tablespoons double-strength cold coffee
- 1 (6 ounce) package Chopped Pecans, divided
A majestic mocha layering of cake, frosting and chopped pecans.
- In large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, 1 1/4 cups coffee, oil and eggs. Mix according to package directions. Pour batter into 3 (9 inch) round greased and floured cake pans. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (15-20 minutes).
- Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire racks; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks. In large mixer bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla and 5 tablespoons coffee. Measure 1 cup frosting; set aside. Stir 1 cup of the pecans into remaining frosting. Place first cake layer upside down on serving plate; frost top only with half of pecan frosting. Add second layer right side up; frost top only with remaining pecan frosting. Add third layer right side up; frost top only with plain frosting. Sprinkle remaining pecans over top of cake.
- Tips: - If you do not have three (9 inch) round cake pans, refrigerate the extra batter while the first 2 layers bake, then bake the third layer. - To make double-strength coffee, use 2 tablespoons coffee granules for each 6 ounce cup brewed.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.